Research Course Scholarship
$2000 Scholarship from the American Heart Association
The scholarship will support course tuition, travel, and lodging expenses. This outstanding course aims to provide a unique training experience in the area of physical activity and exercise research through a series of lectures and workshops held in a beautiful location.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a new investigator (academic rank no higher than assistant professor)
- Have demonstrated a commitment to research in the area of physical activity
- Show promise for a future academic career in research
- All applicants must be an active member of the American Heart Association Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism, or submit a letter of support from an active member of the AHA Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism.
If you need to become an AHA/ASA Professional Member.
How To Apply / Required Documents
Electronic submissions for eligible candidates are to be submitted via email to Dena Thomas at email@example.com. Applications with all 3 required documents must be received by April 15, 2013.
- A cover letter stating interest in the scholarship
- A letter of support from the individual's department chief laboratory director or research mentor which outlines the applicant's past achievements, future goals, and potential for future research in the area of physical activity and exercise
- Provide a current curriculum vitae
Please note: In order to be considered for the scholarship, the PAPH Course application must also be completed online at www.sph.sc.edu/paph.